After surviving cancer, writing teacher Sandra Marinella formed the Story You Need to Tell Project to help others find and write their narratives. Working with cancer patients, veterans, and writers, Marinella was inspired to tell their stories and how they used writing to move forward. She shares these stories and her own cancer story in The Story You Need to Tell—Writing to Heal from Trauma, Illness, or Loss.
The book has been lauded as an inspirational guidebook that can help anyone find, write, and transform their personal story. Based on over 200 research studies, this book shares hundreds of practical writing ideas as well as motivational strategies to help empower your writing journey. It includes special sections to support writers who are facing difficulties, illness, or loss.
- Inspirational true survivor stories.
- Sandra’s transformational experiences, including surviving cancer.
- Writing prompt exercises you can do on your own.
- The science explained in easy-to-understand terms.
Who was this book written for?
- Everyone seeking a positive way to tell their life story.
- Individuals looking heal from PTSD, illness, loss, and depression.
- Educators seeking to teach students effective ways to do personal writing.
- Counselors and therapists who embrace narrative therapy in their practice.